Having a home with attractive trees in Utah County is certainly nice – but it does take quite a bit of work to keep those trees looking their best. Trees get sick and some die as well, which brings its own difficulties. You may cut down the tree, but you are always left with a stump afterward. And stumps are hard to remove.
Fortunately, the right tree services company in Provo or the surrounding areas can help with your problem. But you have to choose between stump grinding and stump removal. So, what’s the difference?
Stump Grinding Compared to Stump Removal
A skilled stump grinding company in Orem or anywhere in Utah County can come in and make it appear like the stump was never there. They accomplish this feat by hauling in a piece of heavy equipment known as a stump grinder, which they use to literally grind down the stump to around six inches below ground level.
Why would you want to choose stump grinding in Lehi over stump removal?
- You want to save money. Stump grinding is hard work, but it’s not as hard as fully removing a stump and its root system. That means that it is more affordable than stump removal.
- You want to save time. Because stump grinding is easier, it takes less time. If you want to make that stump disappear as quickly as possible, stump grinding is the way to go.
- You want to do it yourself. If you feel comfortable operating a 1,000+ pound machine and are willing to observe all safety protocols, it is possible to rent a stump grinder in Alpine and throughout Utah County.
Trees are pretty miraculous plants. They can grow to be so big and strong – but that size and strength are only possible due to their root systems. The bigger the tree, the bigger the root system. If you want to fully remove a tree stump and its root system, you will have to hire a team to excavate the area. It’s significantly more difficult than just grinding down a stump and the costs reflect that.
Why would you want to choose stump removal over stump grinding?
- You want to plant another tree there. Trees need room in the soil to grow and establish their root systems. If you need to plant another tree in the same spot as the stump, you will usually have to remove all of the stump, including the underground portion.
- You need to put something else in the ground where the stump is. If you need to run a pipe through the spot or dig out the area for some reason, you have to get rid of the whole stump to do so.
Get Answers to Your Stump Questions
If you are trying to get rid of a stump in American Fork or anywhere in Utah county, we are here to help. Please contact us with any questions and we will be happy to answer them. Let us help you eliminate your stump problems!